Removing the optical drive from Acer’s Aspire 5630 was a simple process that didn’t require any tools. I simply loosened the screws holding it in place, and then gently pulled it out. Once it was free, I placed it on.
1. Remove the six captive screws securing the lower cover.
2. Remove the one screw (C) from the bottom panel.
3. Use a screw driver to carefully push the odd drive tray out as shown.
4. Slowly pull out the odd module from the odd drive bay.
5. Remove the one screw (A) securing the locker bracket and remove the locker bracket from the optical disk drive module.