Acer Extensa 4120
- Processor: AMD Mobile Sempron 3600+ 1 x 2 GHz, Sherman
- Graphics adapter: ATI Radeon Xpress X1250
- Display: 14.10 inch 16:10, 1280 x 800 pixel, glossy: yes
- Weight: 2.4 kg ( = 84.66 oz / 5.29 pounds), Power Supply: 0 g ( = 0 oz / 0 pounds)
Acer Extensa 4120 Keyboard replacement Guide
- View the back of your Acer 4120 Keyboard. If the laptop keyboard has screw holes, then you now you need to remove screws from the bottom base of your plastic bezel. If the keyboard does not have any screw holes, then screws are usually not required to be removed from the bottom of the laptop.
- Now that you have determined if screws are required to be removed from your Acer 4120 laptop keyboard, we will now pry the keyboard out using a thin object. The first step is to view the top of the keyboard area, also known as the keyboard plastic bezel. If your keyboard has a plastic bezel above your keyboard, you will need to pry it out. If you don’t have a plastic bezel above your keyboard, then you can take a think object. Place the thin object between your Acer 4120 laptop keyboard and the plastic bezel, and pry out the keyboard.
- Now that your Acer 4120 keyboard has been removed your will need to disconnect the Acer 4120 keyboard cable ribbon from the motherboard. There is usually pins connected to the Acer 4120 motherboard that need to be pushed up/down. Once the keyboard connector cable has been removed from the Acer 4120 laptop keyboard, remove the keyboard.
- We will now install your new Acer 4120 laptop keyboard.
- Reconnect the Acer 4120 keyboard to the motherboard. Insert the Acer 4120 Keyboard back into the motherboard. Secure the pins and push the pins in. Once your keyboard is secured, you can now aligned the keyboard with the grooves. Push the keyboard down and in place. If there is a Acer 4120 plastic keyboard bezel, place it back in place. Secure all your Acer 4120 laptop screws back in place.
- That’s all, you just installed your replacement notebook keyboard!
Acer Extensa 4120 LCD Screen replacement Guide
- Remove the rubber covers from you Acer 4120 LCD Screen.
- Use a philips head screw driver to remove the screws.
- Pry off the Acer 4120 Plastic LCD bezel.
- Remove the screws from the side of the LCD hinges.
- Handle the Acer 4120 LCD hinges with care as they are delicate.
- Place the Acer 4120 LCD Screen down on its front and remove the LCD ribbon cable from the LCD.
- Unplug and remove the Acer 4120 Inverter from the LCD.
- You are now ready to replace and install your new Acer 4120 LCD Screen.
- Recconnect back your Acer 4120 Inverter LCD Cable and Hinges.
- Place the screws back in and secure the Plastic LCD Bezel back in place.
Acer Extensa 4120 Hard Drive replacement Guide
- On the bottom of your Acer 4120 laptop, find the hard drive door to access the hard drive.
- Remove the Screws.
- In this step, you will either need to pry out your Acer 4120 hard drive caddy, or simply remove the door.
- Once the Acer 4120 hard drive is removed the laptop, you need to remove the hard drive caddy. There are usually four screws to remove from the caddy.
- Simply Insert the new hard drive into the caddy. Place the screws back in. Install your new Acer 4120 hard drive.
Acer Extensa 4120 Heatsink Fan replacement Guide
- Inorder to replace fix or install your new Acer 4120 laptop fan and heatsink, you will need to open up your laptop. You can do this by removing the screws from the bottom of the laptop.
- Once the screws have been removed from the bottom of your laptop, you can now remove the keyboard and plastic bezels from your Acer 4120 laptop.
- You will see your Acer 4120 Fan and Heat Skin exposed.
- Use a screw drivers and remove the screws from you Acer 4120 HeatSin Fan.
- Before reinstalling the new Acer 4120 Fan onto your laptop, you can clean the Acer 4120 Fan. To clean your Fan and Heatsink, use a can of air and blow out any dirk from your Acer 4120 Fan. You can also use a paint brush to clean out the dirt from the hard to get areas. Somtimes cleaning your Acer 4120 laptop fan will actually repair it. Dirt can cause the Acer 4120 Laptop Fan to make noise and even stop spinning properly.
Acer Extensa 4120 Memory RAM replacement Guide
- In most laptops and possibly in the Acer 4120 laptop, memory / RAM can be found on the motherboard on two places. On the front and/or back of the motherboard. Depending on what side your memory is located (and possibly on both), you will either need to access the RAM memory by removing the front parts of the Acer 4120 laptop (Keyboard, Touchpad etc). The other place to find the RAM memory is on the back of the laptop. There is usually a RAM memory door to unscrew. Once its uncrewed, you can access the ram.
- To replace or upgrade the RAM memory of your Acer 4120 laptop, hold both metal prongs to the side. The RAM memory card will release from the motherboard.
- Gently hold the ram card on a 45 degree angle and remove the card.
- Install your new replacement RAM memory on your Acer 4120 laptop.
Acer Extensa 4120 CD/DVD Optical Drive replacement Guide
- Check to see if your laptop requires a screws to be removed for the optical drive.
- Find the CD/DVD Optical Drive release button.
- Pull out your Acer Extensa CD/DVD Optical Drive.
- Get your new replacement Acer Extensa CD/DVD Optical Drive and place it securely into the drive slot.
Acer Extensa 4120 Battery replacement Guide
- Turn your Acer 4120 laptop over.
- Find the laptop battery release button lock for your Acer 4120 laptop.
- Now that your Acer 4120 laptop battery is unlocked, find the battery release button down.
- Holding the laptop battery release button, gently pull your battery away from the laptop.
- Now that your Acer 4120 battery is removed, grab your replacement Acer 4120 battery for installation.
- Insert the battery into the slot. Push the Acer 4120 battery towards the laptop and secure it in place.