Acer Aspire 5630 users may find it necessary to remove the WLAN board modules in order to access other internal components. This guide will outline the necessary steps for removing each module and provide a list of compatible replacement parts.
1. Remove the six captive screws securing the lower cover.
2. Disconnect the antenna cables from the WLAN board.
NOTE: There are 2 antenna cables connected to the WLAN board. The Black antenna cable is connected to MAIN connector and the White antenna cable is connected to AUX connector.
3. Remove the Gray antenna that is taped to the WLAN board and move the antenna cables away from the WLAN board.
4. Remove the two screws (B) on the WLAN board to release the WLAN board.
5. Detach the WLAN board from the WLAN socket.
NOTE: When attaching the antenna back to the WLAN board, make sure the cable are arranged properly.